Is President Obama serious ?

First of all I just read we are going to war!! 2ndly I read it will just be for a few days!!!
My question is are you dreaming??? A few days??? Have you looked at past wars?? The only one I know of that lasted a few days was the 6 day war in Israel!

Thoughts?

oh and I got this info from CNN ( I haven't looked at Fox yet)
Disclaimer: I am not bashing President Obama but wondering if he knows what he is getting himself into here? I never voted for him but respect and honor his position as the President of the United States of America.

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The "few days" part is an attempt to establish the no fly zone. OBVIOUSLY if this doesn't work or isn't effective then we'll become more involved.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• "I think circumstances will drive where this goes in the future," the admiral said on ABC's "This Week." "I wouldn't speculate in terms of length at this particular point in time." He said early results were highly encouraging, with no known U.S. or allied losses and no reported civilian casualties. Adm Mike Mullen.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• ok Lori .. thanks :-)
    Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Are you serious? We just started having everyone come home. And we need to try to help Japan.

Instead of fighting, we should try to help people. *shakes head*
    kimandeverrett

Answer by kimandeverrett at 3:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes Kim ... my thoughts too!
    Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• We are helping the Libyan people by trying to prevent that nut from killing anymore of his people.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Well, I don't think it's surprising to realize that we have an idiot in office...
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Desert Storm started on Jan. 17, 1991 and ended on Feb. 28, 1991. All wars aren't 10 years. When the politicians stay out of it and let the generals do what they know how to do, it doesn't take 10 years.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Jesse our troops were not there for a month! They started sending them out in August of 90. The actual ground war did last only 100 hours though but we were there longer than that.
    Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• We Americans have become very spoiled where our wars are concerned. We get upset when a war lasts longer than a couple of months. What would we have done if we'd lived back at the time of the 100 Years' War?
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 7:22 AM on Mar. 21, 2011