How do you shop?

Do you use coupons, buy generic only, just put things in your cart and not care, only buy name brands?

Ambear72

Asked by Ambear72 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• I have some brands that I will only buy that brand. Others, I don't care so much. Coupons are good as long as it is something I really need.
    Mammaw0604

Answer by Mammaw0604 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I agree. We really don't use coupons in our home. But we do use the coupons sent to us from the Kroger company. Since they send us coupons for things we use most often.
    But usually I go with what they have on sale.
    As for name brands I purchase Kroger brands at times.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• They way I shop is:
    1.) Make sure I eat very well before going shopping. This will keep me from trying to spend money at the fast food, and stops me from putting extra groceries in the cart. Grocery shopping when you are hungry will automatically make you put more foods in the cart.
    2.) I do not use coupons. But, I do look at the store adds before shopping to look up any specials. I shop for store bargains that day. Always buy store brands not major labels.
    3.) Check expiration dates.
    4.) If I make a grocery list of the items I only need I always stick to the list. I do not add any other item.
    5.) I shop alone, no distractions so I can concentrate on my shopping and oh, wear my most comfortable shoes.
    xochitle

Answer by xochitle at 3:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• lol i shop on thursdays! i use ALOT of coupons! i look at all the ads and find the best deals and also buy in bulk if its a good sale! i make sure to use wat we have in the house first before buying more food! i just went shopping and they had turkey meat 2.50 a lb! wat a steal! i bought 5 1 pound packages and im putting them in the deep freezer! i really stock up on can foods/dry foods since the dont go bad for a long time! i just bought food for the next 2 weeks for a family of 3 and only spent $100 after coupons! YAY!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Before we moved to TX- I would take the ads from other stores- and use those at WalMart (if they had a good deal on something we use) and usually buy generic- except for sliced cheese, or if a name brand is on sale. I don't really use coupons anymore- I might get one I'd use out of a paper-so I don't even bother buying them anymore!

*the reason I don't ad-match here, is that there is that we don't get ads sent to us in the mail here for some reason
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• most of the time I just put things in my cart and dont care.. But a little of both brand name and store brand mostly whatever I think taste better
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• There are some brands I use but I do use coupons when available
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 6:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i use coupons and look for the cheapest thing and sometimes name brands are cheaper. when it come to clothes i go to kmart or walmart but ever so often i go to khols and other stores for clothes but i dont do it all the time
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I buy the same brands, regardless of price.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• generics sometimes
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011