What is the best brand of diapers for newborns?

my little one will be here soon and i wanted to know what brands are better

PrettyBaby24

Asked by PrettyBaby24 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• While I prefered Luvs first, then Huggies, Pampers has the best for newborns for the belly button. They have a little notch cut out of the top of the waistband so it wont rub on their belly buttons. GL w/ the new baby :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i prefer pampers for newborns. when they got a little older i switched to Luvs.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I used cloth diapers, but at the hospital, they put my little one in the pampers swaddlers. Being a first time parent, I really liked them because it had a little yellow line that turned blue whenever they messed, so that you knew to change them. Eventually we figured out what to look for, but when they're newborn and just a little pee comes out, it's helpful to know. It was also great to keep track of wet vs. dirty diapers for his first checkup. In my case, I noticed a really low number of wet diapers, which was a good thing-- he was dehydrated and had jaundice! I do credit those diapers with helping me realize just how little he was peeing.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• It depends, some diapers will make baby's break out with a rash. I started with the huggies that have the spot for the umbilical cord, then after a while huggies started to break my son out so I switched to pampers and used them until he was potty trained. I have friends who bought store brand diapers because they were cheaper, and there isn't anything wrong with that, they just also broke my son out.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Pampers, hands down! Hospitals use them so you will see for yourself firsthand soon. Not only do they have a notch for the belly button but they have a mesh lining that keeps liquidy poop away from their skin. I never had a rash using those kinds. For older babies I switch to Luvs, but for newborns... Definitely Pampers
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I love pampers!!!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 3:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• For all 3 of mine Pampers were my favorites!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Pampers are great!!!
    kimandeverrett

Answer by kimandeverrett at 4:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I preferred Huggies, I think, and second choice was the Pampers Swaddlers.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• With Huggies we'd have blowouts that would go clear up to the shoulder blades with both of our kids. We had the best luck with Pampers. I LOVED the swaddlers when my kids were small. I'm not so sure about the new drimax weave stuff that pampers has come out with. We got out of diapers right before it took over.

It really depends on your baby. and what works best though. Some parents say Pampers is awful, some (like me) used nothing BUT Pampers. Some moms try to use all natural/eco-friendly diapers, some do cloth.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2011