*Edited* Apparently I'm on a pen pal/letter writing kick today lol. What do you think of this (for those who like writing letters)?

Would anyone be interested in a pen pal group that has prospective pen pals grouped by things like age, religion, hobbies, number of children, etc.?
For example, forums in the group such as:
Christians
Mommies of Multiples
20-30s Moms
Sewing Moms
Gardening Moms

etc.

EDIT:  Ok, here is the link for the group.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in About CafeMom

• sound intersting
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 3:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I think it's a GREAT idea. I so agree with Kathy675. I love learning about people and sharing my life (and my perspective of life) with others, and I'm just not very good at it in person. lol
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I would be very interested in that. I joined a military pen pal group but that fizzeled out. It would be very great if you got this started. Let me know if and when you get it going and if you need any help.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 4:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I tired to do the pen pal thing with the school age kids group. My son got one letter from a child and then he wrote back and NOTHING!. Then we had another set of brothers (same ages as my two boys) they wrote a few letters. Then the mother wrote a letter saying they were moving and she would forward the contact info to use when she moves. We waited about two months later she messaged me on cafemom asking why my boys never wrote her son's back. I told her what she wrote me. (still have the letter in the junk drawer) and seh said she never moved or said that.. I am not to great on pel pans anymore.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I thinks it's a great idea. Nothing like getting some fun mail that's not a bill or junk mail! I have a hand full of friends & family that I still hand write letters or send handwritten messages in cards to. GL w/ your project. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't want it segragated into interests because having a pen pal is learning about each other through letters. It wouldn't be as much fun if you already have commanalites and were aware of them. Hard to explain, but I grew up having pen pals and we got to know each other real well just through letter writing. I can remember being anxious for the next letter to have my questions answered and learning the way others lived. Was sooo much fun :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I would LOVE something like that....the lost art of the handwritten letter....sign me up!!!!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Thats a great idea!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• It's a great idea and nearly always starts off strong but be warned it will be a lot of work on your part to keep it running. There have been a few really great groups over the years but they always end up falling apart because people just stop doing it. If you can keep momentum up it will be worth it.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• That is an awesome idea!! I make cards and have lots that I would love to send out. I love learning about different areas, hobbies, etc. Sign me up!!!!!

Mrs. Bat, if you need help in the group, let me know. I would love to help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2011