How many months pregnant were you when you stopped working?

I work part time & I'm almost 6 1/2 months pregnant & I'm on my feet with light but pretty constant lifting & I get a lot of back pain & pressure by the end of the day. My DH doesn't understand that I think I need to stop. What is your opinion? Also when did you stop working?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think that the decision should be left up to you. No two pregnancies are the same. I think that it depends on how you feel during your pregnancy. I think that your husband should leave the decision up to you, and that he should respect your decision. Nobody knows how you feel better than you do; nobody knows your body as well as you do. Your husband should be grateful for the fact that you worked as long as you did; you could have been on bed rest the whole nine months. I, myself, worked right up until the end of my pregnancy. My last day of work was a Friday; my son was born the following Sunday. I was fortunate; I had a desk job, and I didn't experience any morning sickness.
    shortcake120

Answer by shortcake120 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• With my first I worked in a grocery store deli. I stayed doing that until I was about 6 or 7 months. Then I moved up to cash register. I stopped a week and a half before my due date because I didn't want my water to break while I was working lol. I ended up going into labor 4 days after I took my leave but let me tell you, those 3 days with nothing to do but wait drove me crazy! I'm glad I didn't take leave sooner.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 4:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• With my first, I worked a really labor intensive job, and felt awful but I worked up until they put me on bed rest 2 weeks before I delivered. I would have LOVED to have been off work at 6 1/2 months, and if you can afford to and it wont cause a problem with your job, I would.

My second was the same, but my job was not nearly as labor intensive. I could sit as often as I needed to, but I still worked pretty much til the end when I was put on bed rest the last couple weeks.

I am pregnant with my 3rd, and for the third time I have toxemia, but it is way worse this time and started way earlier. I am 7 months and I think they will be taking me off work very soon. Even if they don't, I will probably stop by 8 months.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I did not work. I had too many doctors appointments to go too. I had complications. But my parents were awesome!!!!!!!!
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 4:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• With all 3 of mine I worked right up to the day I delivered. Granted I worked part-time with #1 and #2 I worked as support staff in an office and #3 I had a job that allowed me to work from home.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I worked up until i delivered with both. i was a blue collar worker with my first and i worked on friday and went into labor on monday. with my second i worked on friday and had her on Tuesday. talk to your doc
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I stopped working at about 10 weeks, by doctor's order. I was high risk with my son, and all the lifting I did wasn't good for me.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I'm a nursing assistant which requires a lot of heavy lifting all day long. I'm 7 1/2 months now and I plan to work until I have him. Though I have just decided to only work weekends so I don't overdo it.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I stopped working at 8 weeks! I was lazy my entire pregnancy.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• 8 months
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2011