?

what does it mean when your a fingertip but not dilating? thats what my doctor told me i forgot to ask her what does she mean by that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't really mean anything. it means you're not quite dilated to a centimeter, but your pre labor dilation is no indication of when you'll go into labor, so dont feel set back.
    LoveMyPoliceMan

Answer by LoveMyPoliceMan at 4:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I was dialated 3 for 3 weeks. LOL So dont get too excited about a fingertip. Im guessing your getting pretty close to your due date. I bet your so excited you can hardly wait! GOOD LUCK :)
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Doesn't mean too much. Good luck!
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• That means you're under a centimeter dilated. And maybe you are dilating more (progressing) or not~ doesn't really matter though.

You *will* dilate when you need to / labor when you need to, regardless of what your cervix is doing today-this hour.

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Ive never heard that term. lol
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2011