Pregnancy Rant! What burns your butt?

Ever since I was little I wanted to be a mom, I wanted a large family, and I wanted to have a house full of little boys. Well, now I'm 26 and pregnant with my third son and I feel SO blessed. While at this point we're pretty sure we're done, and I could give or take a girl I've never really WANTED one. Yet, every time someone asks about my pregnancy it's always the same thing, "so is it a girl this time?" which is always followed by "aww, I'm so sorry" or "are you going to keep trying for a girl?" Then there's my family, which had for the most part produced girls, who are always trying to trade a daughter for one of my boys. It's really beginning to irk me that everyone thinks I'm mentally unbalanced for not wanting a daughter!!
So I'm curious: what have strangers, or family members, said about your pregnancy that really irks you?

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 2:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• haha. i had people ask me about tearing "down there" apparently it got around from my MIL that i had to have a surgeon come in and sew me up after because my son was so big, and people would ask me about it. I was like " yeah my vagina hurts pretty bad" or "nope i cant sit down yet because my vagina is all tore up" haha. i always threw in vagina just so they realized what they were actually asking me about. some people...

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 6:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I do want more. I have two boys and two girls. Everyone says so now you are done. It bothers me its a little sad. I would like another. I just had my boys this July. So I got it all throughout my pregnancy, too
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• how are you feeling? like how the hell do you think i am feeling? pregnant thank you or your getting big. like that is n't supposed to happen i have a human being growing inside me of course i am getting big.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Your so young you really don't need another one! Coming from my family. I am 25 years old have 2 great kids a girl and boy and now I am prego again they say why did you screw up a good thing! Like all I was supposed to have was one of each and it bothers me. I wanted more than two and God gave that to me but why is it anyone elses business how many kids I want or if they are equal like one boy to one girl.
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I don't want a daughter either. I have one son, and envy your three! I don't think you're mentally unbalanced in the least bit. I know several people who only have/ want girls.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 2:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I've gotten that one too Beccah, I had an early miscarriage just after I stopped nursing my second and my own MOTHER actually told me that I didn't need another kid anyway. My whole family said it was for the best that I had lost the baby, which made it extremely hard on me.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 2:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Oh wow!! This is my first pregnancy and most comments don't bother me!! But my father in law says crap all the time that hurts my feelings. Such as: Hey, your butt is getting big!! Or The oversize shirts are starting to fit a lil tight!!
    I am very self conscious about my figure (not as much right now i UNDERSTAND Things are going to change) but Im from an obese family and have FAUGHT to stay small. So when he says those comments it makes me wonder if I will get back to pre pregnancy size!! Oh I work in a mechanic shop so the guys that come in and out all day always have some smart freakin comment that bothers me but I have just realized that it comes with pregnancy and it will be A OKAY!!! GL---- if you don't want a girl and you and your husband are satisfied then don't listen to what people say!!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• my experience is somewhat similiar only after I was through having kids. People would say didn't you want to try one more time for a girl. My response was I did not want a girl badly enough to end up with 4 boys....that always shut them up pretty fast. It isn't that I don't love them or that I couldn't handle them. Boys are just...boys.
    P.S. I wound up with a girl AND another boy. We had to adopt our grandkids.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I miscarried and they said it was for the best and it tore me to pieces this is my 4th pregnacy but 3rd baby I just hope I make it through this one okay! People can be so mean and I hate it when it is your own flesh and blood! Watch I will freak everybody out by having twins! hahaha Would that be funny as hell or what!!!!!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Whenever someone comments on us having three so close together now, I just tell them that we're working on a baseball team. That usually shuts them up lol!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 2:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2008