What do you think of this qoute on Dem.s and repub.s.

The Democrats and Republicans are really just two sides of the same coin. Not a dimes worth of difference between the two. The political system is controlled by the Elite.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I have to agree with this! I see the elite part being the party that wins that particular election
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

•  

I think this is the definition that goes with the political view. No, I believe there is a huge difference between the parties. 

e·lit·ism 

n.
    1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

2.
    a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.

b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• –noun 1. ( often used with a plural verb ) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons. 2. ( used with a plural verb ) persons of the highest class: Only the elite were there. 3. a group of persons exercising the major share of authority or influence within a larger group: the power elite of a major political party.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I agree with this but I believe it is with good reason. Not all of the priviledged class is the same. However, I'd rather see a rich guy with a lot of influence run for president or a seat in Congress as opposed to an individual who just has good ideas. Why? Because the rich guy can make friends, money and deals - things that are important in a place like Washington. And if he's making friends, chances are they can come up with pretty darn good ideas themselves, while the average joe just thinks he has good ideas, but truly lacks the influence or ability to socialize that really gets those ideas heard.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I think I agree in the sense that I don't think political ideology is nearly as important as political identification these days. What I mean by that, is that I believe we, as a country, are becoming increasingly polarized and partisan. Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that people seem more tempted to vote the party lines than they are to vote the issues that actually matter to them. In any case, both parties seem to have the same goal; power. But perhaps I'm just a cynic.

lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I believe the political world is controlled by the wealthy, but do not believe that both parties hold the same basic ideals
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes, that is the definition, now what about actually naming people or groups and justifying your opinion that "the Elite" run the country......
    A person who runs for office MUST have funds (millions)...they must have a huge ego...they need backing from a group that has "clout". If that is being "elite" then....ALL politicans are members of the "Elite".
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• The ....Elite? Define "Elite" and tell us who they are,please?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2011