When do they wipe?

My dd is 4 and I was wondering when she'll start wiping #2 on her own? I think shes capable but do I let her and go over after? Or let her do it and learn to stay clean? Im sure baby wipes are great too! TIA!!!

PS....My 10yo nephew still has his mom wipe him! It really bugs me! lol

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Kids' Health

• i would let her do it and then check... and have her do it again if its not clean until she gets the hang of it..... my 3r old wipes herself and does a good job.... you just have to teach it.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 6:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My kids had to start doing it on their own when they started preschool, at 4 years old. I knew if they had to poo at school no one could wipe them, and I wasn't about to tell them to hold it. So we taught them how and showered them every night so if they did poo they'd get clean!
    Anonymous

• If they are in preschool or Kindergarten, they have to be able to toilet all on their own and that includes wiping. I would say between 4-5 is old enough. Teach her how and have those wipes handy, they really help.

10 years old is way too old to be having mommy wipe his butt.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My kids were able to do it all on their own by 4. I agree with PP, if your child goes to preschool they HAVE to be able to do it all on their own. As teachers were are not even supposed to be in the bathroom with the kids much less cleaning them up. I would say your nephew is lazy, no 10 year old should have to have their mom wipe for them unless they have a medical condition.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Poo is always messy and with my DD I help her wipe to prevent poo from getting all over. She usually is capable of wiping otherwise.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2011