This seems a little weird but I admit I have not been the best wife...

And I was thinking about being a little stepford wifey. Like cook & clean & generally be nicer to my spouse. I know I should have been being better from the beginning but it has been hard, that is another story. Anyways my question is if I start to improve myself, will my dh respond to this? Will he be happier and love me a little more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh honey let me tell you, anything and everything hurtful that can be done to hurt a spouse, I've done to mine.  And it is hard.  Definitely.  Loving words and doing things to improve the relationship definitely gets a response.  When my hub and I decided to "grow up" and make our relationship a loving, respectful, and stable one, it happened overnight.  One day we were mean to each other, the next day I was cooking and cleaning and really trying to put forth an effort.  So did he.  The more I did, the more he responded, the more he appreciated it.  Yes, he is definitely happier.  Love me more?  I'm not sure.  He SHOWS his love a lot more since I no longer throw it right back in his face.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I think if you make yourself better for you and not just for his approval he will see you are treating yourself better and it will help the relationship.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Guys can be pretty oblivious, if you're doing this because you want/expect recognition, you may be disappointed. if you're doing it for yourself, so you feel better about yourself, then go for it...just don't be mad if he doesn't notice
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I think if you're sincere and commit to change, he'll feel it and you may have to stick with it. Eventually he'll respond.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• you should want to do that for yourself but yes he will respond more to you when you start taking care of yourself good luck mama
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• YOU SHOULD HAVE STARTED THAT ALL IN THE BEGINNING WHY DIDNT YOU? GOOD LUCK YOU CAN TRY MAYBE IT WILL BRING RESULTS! HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU BOTH!! :)
    TRENTONSMOM336

Answer by TRENTONSMOM336 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• First off the Hubby should love you regardless of if you clean or not but a clean house clean cloths and good meals==a very happy husband. You don't want him to leave because men don't like living in filth or a lazy women they want to come home to CLEAN....just work on it and see the changes in your man.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• GL mama! try a bunch of stuff out and since you noticed you were doing something wrong, thats the first step in making positive changes in you relationship and ultimately your life!
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2011