Mommy Guilt?

I'm a single mom. Her dad does nothing to help me, or support me and I'm working full time to try to make ends meet.

Do any other full time mommies feel incredibly guilty for the amount of time spent away from home?

MojosMommy9508

Asked by MojosMommy9508 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you spend quality time with your child, that's what they will remember. Children know when they are loved.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No, because I spend quality time with my son. I also know that he is one independent, intelligent, polite and respectful teenager because of the way he was raised.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Just keep in mind that quantity time does not mean quality time.

There are moms who spend all day with their kids and don't have quality time with them. then there are moms who spend moments with them and it's a big memory for the child.

Just make the most of each moment you have with them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Chin up, Mama! You're doing the best thing for your DD! I know it's hard to be away from her(I worked when my 1st DD was born) but she knows how much you love her, and the times you do get to spend with her will feel all the more special. Good job on being a great mom!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes, of course. It was worse when my kids were younger, because I was in a situation a lot like yours––two kids, no dad, had to make ends meet.. I definitely felt guilty about noting being there to kiss every scraped knee or having to put them in daycare, but I made sure that the time we did have together we put to good use. My kids are almost sixteen now, and I still can't go to every soccer game, but my kids know I love them. If your daughter knows that too, you'll be fine. Keep your spirits up, I'm sure you're doing a great job.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Mom, you are doing all you can and the mommy guilt comes with the territory.....

Answer by older at 6:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No, I would rather the roof stay over our head and have qaulity time then have quanity time and have it mean nothing.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My mom felt guilty for years. Once we were adults we pointed out to her all the good things she provided for us, how we appreciated them, etc. She said, "boy I never thought of it that way". She could only see it as her and us missing out on a lot because she worked full time. Keep things in perspective and know you are doing the best you can and loving your kids through it all. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I couldnt be away from mine, so I commend you for you bravery and strength! GO MOMMY!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011