How can I get rid of this hair in the back of my throat

I have what feels like a hair in the back of my throat. It is at it's worse at night when I am trying to sleep. I have tried several different things from cough medicine, cough drops, Nyquil, prescription cough gels, prescription antacids and pretnisone. I have to keep a class of water or something next to the bed all night. I just recently set a humidifier next to the bed. I have gotten to the point where I drink almost every night in the hopes that I can pass out and actually get some sleep. If I do not drink, I'm lucking if I get 3 - 4 hours of sleep per night cause I'm up coughing every couple of hours. Has anyone else ever experienced this? If so, how did you remedy it? My Dr has been no help at this point and I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

ckchisum

Asked by ckchisum at 2:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

• How long have you had this.....and have you only seen one Dr?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• 1tsp honey and a little bit of lemon juice with water every half hour is what the doc recommended for us.
    Anonymous

• I have had this over a month and yes, I have only seen the one Dr.
    ckchisum

Answer by ckchisum at 2:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I have had a hair in my throat before...but never for that long. Maybe just for a day or so.

I might make an appointment with a ENT.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2008