How does it feel when your water breaks? I have never had mine break naturally.

What if it breaks in public? Can people tell and notice you are all wet? Like when you pee on your pants......Do you feel pain? pressure? do you feel a pop? How much comes out? Does blood come out along with it too?

Pardon my ignorance.

babysavy9

Asked by babysavy9 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Its diff for everyone. For me it was a slow trickle. It just felt like warm fluid running down my leg. It did NOT feel like pee. It was different. And if it happens in public then so be it. At least you have an excuse! lol Im sure its ppl would understand more if they saw a pregant woman with a puddle beneath them than they would a non pregnant person! LOL Dont worry about it!! Congrats on the pregnancy!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• It feels the same as when they break it...you may feel a pop and yes there is a gush (unless you only end up with a slow leak)

People will tell if your water breaks but like only 1 out of every 1000 labors will the water break before you start having contractions.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I felt a pop but my hub said he didn't actually hear it.  There was a gush of fluid and then panic, lol.  Quite a bit came out at first.  Then it just trickled.  No blood came out that I noticed.  And trust me, once your water breaks you won't be worried about whether someone can tell or not.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• After my water broke I did walk around in public since I wasn't in labor. No one knew unless I told them. It was awkward wearing towels in my undies though.
    No pain or pressure, just wetness.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• "People will tell if your water breaks but like only 1 out of every 1000 labors will the water break before you start having contractions. "

I think the actual stat is 1 in 10 will have PROM (like me, I mentioned above).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• It was just a trickle of water down my leg but immediately afterwards the contractions started and with a vengeance!
    DegaMomto2Girls

Answer by DegaMomto2Girls at 6:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• When it happened to me there was no pain, pressure, or blood. Just feeling of water running down my legs. It was around 2 AM and I was able to get to the bathroom before it got too messy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I felt a pop and a gosh with both of my pregnancies.Basically mine was exactly how MrsHouston described esp the PANIC part because I deliver fast.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I've never had mine break naturally but funny story. My co-workers mom carried around a glass jar of apple juice with her the last few weeks of her pregnancy. When her water did break, coincidently at Meijers, a local grocery store, she "dropped" the glass jar of apple juice, told a store clerk and had spilled/broken the juice on accident but had to run because of labor pains, and left in a shuffle. That way no one noticed the leakage. I feel really sorry for the employee that had to clean up the "apple juice" lol. Although I don't suggest this, you're not the only one worried about embarrassing water breakage stories LOL
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I have a three month old and my water did break. It is just goshing water. For me it contiuned until I delivered. The problem I have when have children is that I don't dilate fast. So even though my water broke on a Friday I didn't have my son till the next day at the same time that I when into the hospital because of my water breaking. It doesn't feel like you are having to go to the bathroom. I was in my bathroom when my water broke. I ended up in the tub. I have to have a towel around me to go to the hospital.
    Les38

Answer by Les38 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011