How can I comfort my one month old?

My daughter is one month old, and since she refused BM since day one is on Similac Sensitive formula... But her acid reflux is getting worse. We have tried tummy time, sitting up when eating and burping.... Gripe water... Nothing is working.

proudteenmom219

Asked by proudteenmom219 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you changed the formula from Similac to another brand? My kids didn't do Similac but drunk Enfamil. You're keeping her upright after her feedings and it's not working? Is she fussy all the time?

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• We started on Enfamil. She wouldn't drink it. And yeah... She never seems to stop fussing.
    proudteenmom219

Comment by proudteenmom219 (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

•  hugsI nursed my daughter for 7 months but she had very bad colic and reflux. She literally never slept and cried all day and evening long. She also threw up everything she ate for the first year. I'm sorry I have no advice other than hang in there it will get better and you can message me if you want to talk.

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 6:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Is there any chance of relactating?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My oldest had reflux. The pediatrician told us to put a bit of rice cereal in his bottle which helped. Then we switched him to the Playtex Ventair bottles and that made a difference.
    Noni2319

Answer by Noni2319 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011