Donate the clothing & get a tax right off or sell them & use the money for the next size up?

We don't have a lot of storage space so wasn't sure. I enjoy selling the clothes that are too small and then use that money toward the next size up. But we don't have the space to do that now. If we do keep them, it'll be tight. Also by selling the clothes, it's less out of our pocket that we have to use.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• Donating clothes is wonderful if you can! If you don't have the space right now there isn't much you can do. When you have more of a choice, choose to donate some because giving is wonderful and sell some to help your own budget!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 6:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I go by the season/weather. Im in NJ so in the winter I always donate. IF I have the chance for a yard sale I will sell. I havent tried to sell clothes to a consignment shop but heard its worth it at the right place. Its up to you. Whatever is easier and will help you where YOU need it. GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• We do both. We have a Once Upon A child and a Platos Closet. When they won't take something, I donate it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• we try having a yard sale first..then what we can't get rid of there we donate to goodwill. most of my boy clothes though i pass down to my nephew
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I sell what I can to Kid to Kid and then what they don't want I (personally) have them donate it. I don't get the tax write off but I don't have to make an extra stop! We don't really itemize anyway. I also so do both!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I still need to go through my toddlers' old clothes. I just can't find the time to do it!!!!!!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would do that all the time. I had a blast doing it too. I haven't done that since we moved. I am in an apt and have no space to breath so I don't, I just donate now. It goes to people that really need it at least.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2011