• In the Spotlight:

Feeling a little blah today...

So today is my ex's weekend to have my soon and once again just like any other weekend that's his he didn't follow through. I don't tel my son that he's supposed to get him on certain days anymore since he cried the first time he didn't show. I seriously don't tell him until he physically is at my doorstop. I love having my son but my ex hasn't paid child support either. It just seems so fucked up that he can go on with his ife without his son and not even give a shit. Sometimes I get scared that he'll mess up my son for not being around. I try really hard to have my son around my large family and we do lots of things with him and he knows every day that he is loved. Sometimes I can't help but feel like why doesn't he care. idk I try not to let it bug me but once in a great while I think about what me and my ex used to have and think why. Why didn't he grow up? I was 18 and he was 21 and i grew up right then and there and I live for my son. he didn't want the family life. he continued to hang out with his friends and he started drinkingt heavily. I broke up with him when my son was 2 months old and never looked back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry your going through this hun. I'm expecting my first in July and my boyfriend is a very supportive father to be. I can't really say that I know what your going through, but I feel for you... If you ever need somebody to talk to I'm just a message away. That's got to be hard being separated and all your son wonders is where is daddy, but I'm sure you left him for a good reason and a better life for you and your little one. Hope all is well.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• its a lot easier to bond with our children since they spend nine months in our bodies. sometimes daddies, especially new daddys that young, dont get that bond with their children and it pushes them away. the bond goes both ways. my DF just turned 21 in dec. three weeks later he became a daddy. of course he was nervous! and bonding didnt happen right away, he had to go to work two days after we came home. because your sons dad wasnt there for the important imprinting time, your ex probably doesnt feel emotionally involved with your son the way you do. maybe a daddy and me class will help them connect. GL
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2011