Did you want to know the sex of your baby? Why or Why Not?

I wanted to know because I hate neutral colors and I just couldnt wait! lol I also was only 22 and not prepared. I wanted to get as much as a coult for that sex by my own shopping and my shower. Selfish? LOL It was mainly because I didnt want neutral colors

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It was more fun to be able to buy things for the right sex and decorate the room, but the most special part was calling her by her name before she was born!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 6:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I did not what to know and wanted it to be a surprise and did a noahs ark theme that would work for boy or girl. As for clothes. Life needs some surprises sometimes to make life fun and different.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I wanted to know definitely. I couldn't wait to find out. I'm having a boy, due in July :) Mostly wanted to know so I could start the shopping right away.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes with DS I was very impatient and wanted to know!
    yes with DD I thought it would be easier to prepare my DS who was 3 for the coming of a sibling with a name and specific title. 'Your sister' ' Baby Quinn'. 'The baby' sounded to much like a toy we were buying to me! lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• With my first and second I didn't want to know. With my 3rd I did because I already had 2 boys and wanted to know if I was going to need to buy new things or not. Funny thing is they couldn't tell me because of how the baby was laying. THey said we are 70 to 80% sure it is a girl. She was a girl although I didn't trust the odds so I didn't buy anything until after she was born
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I cannot stand surprises!!!! I have 5 children, and I found out their sex each and every pregnancy!!! I asked the ultrasound Tech with my last baby what percent of mom's DO NOT want to know. She said about 8-10% DO NOT want to know!!!
    Allebas

Answer by Allebas at 6:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I did not want to know because I really wanted it to be a surprise on the day of the birth. I figured labor would be super painful and difficult and I wanted the mystery to be revealed at the end of it all! Plus, we had no preference for a boy or a girl, so we just picked two names, went with neutral colors, and let everybody keep guessing right up until the end. : )
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• with my first i HAD to know..with my second I didnt care much. I wanted to feel the rush of surprise when he was born. the Dr. made it suck cuz they didnt scream "ITS A BOY" like i was expecting..but that has probably to do with I was hemorrhaging..

I've never had a nursery to decorate so i wasn't all crazy about neutral coloring and stuff..with my son we went with alot of winnie the pooh and noahs arc..we were naming him Noah. and with my second..I just hoped for a boy. we didnt do any shopping except for the stuff we didnt carry over from Noah..nd if we had a girl we'd just buy then. it would be a big deal if she worse a few blue onsies the first month or so. but my second turned out to be a boy!

SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I wanted to know cause it's the number one question people ask pregnant people other than how far along they are.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 7:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• wouldnt be a big deal if she worn*** omg i cannot type today!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2011