Im prego and my bf just got deloyed to Libya today. Why do I feel selfish?

Im 9wks prego and my bf left on short notice deloyment today to Libya. :( I thought I have more time. He was leaving in June for a yr to Diego Garcia and as we know we still will.The baby will be 9mths when he gets back from Diego. im a emtional wreck.im new to the hole military life why being prego. I understand and respect he has a job to do. But a part of me feels selfish,cause I want him home with me. I want him here when I give birth and to hold his first child. I know this is the lfe he chose and so did I. But I cant get over the scared feeling of doing it by myself. Has anyone had a baby where there other half was deplyed? How did you handle it?any advice??

Krisi23

Asked by Krisi23 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just because it's the life you chose, doesn't make it easy, but at some point you are just going to have to accept it. Chances are he wont be home for the birth and you're going to have to accept it and be okay with it, because there's nothing productive in worry about something you have no control over.
    LoveMyPoliceMan

Answer by LoveMyPoliceMan at 7:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Hugs to you dear. God bless your man for making such a sacrifice for our country. I am almost in tears for you.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Deployed to Libya? I didn't realize we were deploying there. What branch is he in. Be strong, I know it's hard. Lean on your friends and family for support.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• We have troops going to Libya as part of coalition forces.

I don't blame you for feeling the way you do because this was unexpected.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 7:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• He in the Navy. There was talk yesterday, that they wouldnt get send till tue. They got word and they left today that there needneed over there now. It allhappened so fast and I dont really get a good bye. It just feel like I cant rap my head around it. One min he here and then gone. Like I said im new to the hole military life, I tbought there be a lil more notice. :( He told me, before he leave that the military orders and change can happen at any moment and they do what there told. I understand that, but it dont help tho.
    Krisi23

Comment by Krisi23 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My husband has deployed 3 times and will be deploying again here shortly. I have been pregnant everytime he has left. The feelings you are having are completly normal. I had the same thought running through my mind, but of course I couldn't change what was happening. I once again and pregnant again and will be delivering alone this time. The feeling is overwhelming. Try to keep yourself busy and around family and friends. They will help you through this. Stay strong and keep telling yourself, he will be home soon. I am not sure where you are stationed, I am stationed at Fort Knox. If you need anything or just need someone to talk to, cry to, vent to, etc. Contact me. I get emails sent right to my phone and will be here to help you through as well. Hugs! Everything will be ok. You can get through this mama, I promise.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I meant to put in there pregnant everytime he has left, except the first deployment. I was thinking faster than I was typing.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Is there anybody else that can be there with you when you give birth....a good friend or family member. I dont think you are selfish at all for feeling the way that you do. Being pregnant and not having your husband there to share the experience with you would be very difficult for almost everybody. But your husband is doing his job and i know you must be proud of him. I hope you get the love and support you need from family or friends, even if its after the baby is born.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Its a lot to deal with. Im pregnant and my husband is about to leave for Afghanistan. It sucks but it happens A LOT in this life. All you can do is support him and keep yourself busy. Good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• The further along you get, check with you hospital about setting up a webcam in the delivery room. By the time you have this baby, if you have a laptop with a webcam (or can borrow one),he may be able to use Skype and not miss out on the big day. I know that it is no where near the same as having him here, but that may be an option! Lean on other military wives for support at home and offer him nothing but love an support when you are able to talk. Stay as busy as possible and he will be home before you know it! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2011