Japan

what r ur thoughts feelings an concern with whats going on n japan...

kelleyplus2

Asked by kelleyplus2 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they make Americans look like scum! Take Katrina...similar in scope, but in Japan do you hear stories of looting? NO! These people go on with dignity and respect of self and others. They wait patiently in line for food and water. They help one another. Coke machines with no power hold liquid but no one there would ever think of breaking one open, let alone go take a flat screen tv. Kudo's people of Japan. Is it culture? Education? you make the call. I feel terrible for them, and wish I could help.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• :( It is so sad here! We are far enough away so we aren't affected by much (we do have some radiation) but this island is so small. Almost everyone I know here who is married or dating a national knows someone who is missing! There are thousands of people stuffed in shelters and we have done so many food, water and clothes (including blanket) drives that we have rooms filled with things to ship out but it still doesn't seem enough! My concern, besides the obvious, is for my son. We have the option right now to leave, and through my sadness that those to the North of us don't have anywhere to go, I still worry about my ds and how, if it gets worse here, he will be affected in the future! From the beginning I have said I would only leave if it became mandatory but then I realized, I have a little boy and I have to do what I can to keep him safe! So now I am confused and scared :(
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Agreed! >>> "I think it's utterly devastating and I think that more people need to donate their time, clothes, and money giving them what they can because at this point they have no way to help themselves. Japan has always come to our aid and we need to return it right now."  Answer by LoveMyPoliceMan 4 hours ago

I can only imagine what they are having to deal with, they are amazing people, God bless them!

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I think it's utterly devastating and I think that more people need to donate their time, clothes, and money giving them what they can because at this point they have no way to help themselves. Japan has always come to our aid and we need to return it right now.
    LoveMyPoliceMan

Answer by LoveMyPoliceMan at 7:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• im so sorry to hear that i would feel the same way if i was u with my kids... im not totaly sure but if i had the chance to leave i think i would have to.
    kelleyplus2

Comment by kelleyplus2 (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My concerns are the way they are living in shelters because of their destroyed homes. Their health issues and food supply as well.  It’s just plain sad what happened there. =[

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I think what is happening there is terrible. It's hard to imagine what it would be like. I also have a lot of respect for them staying calm and helping eachother out. I don't know much about their culture but I'm impressed.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 10:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• sad and scary
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 1:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2011