To practice pushing adult content

I am 39 weeks and 4 days. I am dilated to 3cm and 80% effaced. I've been in labor for 8 days now and really tired and sore... I've tried everything to speed this process up. Contractions are one min apart. Hospital keeps sending me home. Aunt told me to try practicing pushing... But I don't want to hurt him. I don't want to be medically induced either though! Would practicing to push hurt him?

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't have a clue really but I wish you the best with labor and everything :)
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I was dialated 3cm for 3 weeks. Good luck! lol
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• do NOT practice pushing. It will NOT make you go into labor or progress any quicker, you will ONLY hurt yourself and the baby.
    LoveMyPoliceMan

Answer by LoveMyPoliceMan at 7:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• wow i would be at the hospital and refuse to leave!! ..
    good luck!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Agree with LoveMyPoliceMan. Do not practice pushing. You only want to do that under your doctor's/midwife's care.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Ok that's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. She is just trying to help.
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I'm sure she was, but I'm glad you asked.
    LoveMyPoliceMan

Answer by LoveMyPoliceMan at 7:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• you shouldnt push until you feel the urge to push
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I wouldnt push but maybe nipple stimulation?
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I can't believe a hospital would send you home with contractions one minute apart for 8 days and that your doctor/midwife hasn't already tried pushing pitocin on you so congrats on finding a good hospital and doc/midwife that let things happen naturally. By tried everything what have you tried? Walking and hot water stimulation helped me an awful lot to speed my labor. My girlfriend swears by sex and lots of it to help things along. That being said if you feel the urge to push then go ahead, but if not then DON"T! While it probably won't hurt the little guy it will definitely tire you out and possibly make your cervix swell making things worse.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2011