i need to get rid of my back fat, and some flab on my gut also would like to slim down my thighs. im not "heavy"i just want my "before baby" body back. i dont have any weights or extra money for them or a gym membership, any suggestions.

jbirchard

Asked by jbirchard at 2:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• exercises for abs are curls (lie on your back with back pressed to floor, knees bent, pretend you have an orange under your chin, curl up just enough to feel the abs working, then lower slowly. There is also the reverse curl where you bring your knees in. Then there is another kind where you aim your elbow toward the opposite knee.
    Thighs are lie on your side and slowly lift with the side of the foot. It is best to use weights- you can put a couple full cans inside a pair of knee socks and tie those over your ankle. Lift the bottom leg up to work on the inner thigh.
    Google exercises to find precautions and correct forms since there isn't enough room here to write them down. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If you get any good ideas please pass it on! my prob is also no money but also not much time for myself to get a routine going to work out! I want to try to get one going that my soon to be 3 yr old can do with me and make it fun plus to get her to understand that working out and taking care of yourself is very important!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I need to get in shape too, I need motivation, I stay in a complex with an awesome gym,if u wanna be my motivation u could work out here? I'm opp Mariner High on 4th ave W, while the kids are at school works for me :) also walking is supposed to be the best exercise. Let me know
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 4:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Body weight exercises are the best if you DO them. Push ups, curls, PULL UPS will do wonders if you can find a place or create a bar at home. There are squats--hindu squats not only will get your lower half in shape but you get cardio with them. Do a search for body weights exercises---you are sure to find more info. These are time tested but most people don't like them because they ARE work if you do them. Push ups work A LOT if you will consistently do them. These you can do every day if you want. There should be some books at the library on body weight work outs. Lunges during a walk are also good.
    Anonymous