How often do you feel kicks?

I'm 24 weeks...just wondering how often do you feel kicks?

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Basically all day everyday. I'm also 24 weeks and whether I'm standing, sitting or laying down baby girl NEVER stops moving. I can also see her kicks, and they hurt. However, at last appointment she was measuring 2 inches longer and 3 ounces bigger then an average baby her gestation, so I think this might have to do with it.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Can you tell she is kicking even when your walking? I cannot. I feel the kicks when my hand is on my belly. Is that something to be alarmed about?
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No I wouldn't be alarmed, everyone feels things differently. But yes I can feel her when I'm walking, I was actually out shopping the other day and you could see her kicking through my shirt. My friend was commenting it was creepy my clothes kept moving. She's a strong little bugger. It's been 5 years since I had DS but from what I can remember he was not this strong this early. I remember painful kicks, but not till I was way further. I wouldn't be worried, if your LO is moving then what's normal for him/her is going to be different then what's normal for me. Plus, trust me, you don't want to be feeling kicks while walking this early. Enjoy the quiet while you can LOL
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Nothing to be alarmed about, you're feeling movement and that's what is important
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:07 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Okay awesome, thanks to all of you I really appreciate it. My friend who is two weeks ahead of me also only feels the kicks when sitting or laying down so I guess it's okay. :)
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 7:06 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• depends on the baby, i felt #1 at 16 weeks, #3 not until 27... and even then #3 was very inconsistant with her movements...
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thanks, I appreciate it. So I guess it just all depends, and as long as I'm feeling some movements every day then there shouldn't be too much of a problem? :)
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yep, as long as baby moves about the same every day, or the movements increase, you're good to go. If you normally get 1-5 kicks a day, and one day nothing happens, that's when there's reason for concern. But some days it'll be a lot, others just a few. As long as there's some type of movement, no bleeding, no cramping, and no contractions you're good!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Perfect, yeah because I see a lot of people feel them differently... I have no cramping, bleeding, or contractions, and I've been getting a few kicks just now actually :) I have a doppler so I check the heartbeat whenever I'm worried and as long as I find the heartbeat I'm usually content.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011