What to do??

Okay so I'm three days late and debating about taking a pregnancy test. The thing is I f I was it wouldn't be the end of the world for me. We're okay, its not the ideal time but in my heart I know it'll be okay. My biggest fear is some of my family. Some people feel that I should be pursuing a career instead of more children. They think I'm a disappointment because career wise I placed everything on hold 3 yrs ago when my son was born. I'm happy, my son and husband are happy but not some others. I feel scared, and its holding me back from the test. What should I do?

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Health

• As long as you and your husband are happy, don't worry about what anyone else thinks. But, the way the economy is, I would get on birth control as soon and the baby is born, or if you find out you're not pregnant.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 8:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Take the test to find out and stop stressing about it. But if you, your son, and husband are happy that's all that matters. Live your life and tell others to either support you or stop criticizing. There are still many years in which to pursue a career when the children are older. Many moms have their children first and then a career. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Well, if you are expecting, you're going to find out eventually one way or the other. As for your family being unhappy with your decisions, well, they're your decisions, aren't they? If, as you stated, you your son and your husband are happy, you really needn't worry about what anyone else says. I know that's easier said than done (believe me, I've been there), but I'm sure everything will work out for the best. I might also consider what Kimimale said about the birth control, but that's your prerogative. Best of luck, and take care!
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Its your life, if you want to play your career on hold for your family and your hubby is ok with it, the NO ONE else should matter to you. They arent supporting you, so they have no say so. If your pregnant your pregnant there isnt anything you can do once you are pregnant. I dont have parents they died when I was 16, I do have my moms sister that I look up to and go to when I need to talk to someone. I wasnt trying to get pg when I got pg with my twins. It just happened. My aunt and a former friend of mine got upset with me when I told them I was pregnant, and even more so when I told them I was having twins, like I had control of that geesh! Anyway its your life, they will get over it and move on. Dont let it get to you.
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2011