Do you downvote answers, regardless of their content, just because you don't like the poster?

Every question I've answered today in P&CE has been voted down. None have been offensive, aggressive, or rude. In one answer, I agreed with almost every other poster, and while they didn't receive downvotes - I did.

I hear tell that this an exclusive "club" that apparently I'm joining. Should I be flattered that people care enough about me to search me out and downvote me?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 8:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in About CafeMom

• No not even in PC&E I would rather just say I don't agree but if it makes them happy whatever. I have commented on finding them funny when in that section and there is no debate just down votes. Kind of defeats the purpose IMO.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I don't down vote anyone. If I don't like there answer it's my problem not theirs. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and who am I to say what they say is not good. But I do vote for answers that I like.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Oh and I've also accidently voted down an entire page of answers when I was actually thinking I was voting up.  That's what I get for not fully paying attention, lol.  It was definitely embarassing to have to apologize on that post.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I have one. Which totally means it's not elite, sorry.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• It's a waste of perfectly good dv's to be used on the really bad answers that would inevitably pop up later anyway
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No, I've only down-voted like twice, and it was because it was really, really rude/hateful response, and that's been several weeks ago. And on a side note that has nothing to do with this question (or maybe it does), I just wanted to say that what that lady said to you on the "I'm gonna keeping lying to this little boy question" (my own words, not real title of question) was just totally down right hateful and uncalled for.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No, I don't vote Down any of them unless the answer is really awful and obnoxious and mean.
    I sometimes forget that I CAN vote a question Down.LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I down vote only those mean, hateful, rude responses, those that are obviously targeting the question asker.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Nope, that wouldn't even make sense. I think I have only downvoted maybe once and that was because the person was extreamly rude and I did not agree with what she had to write. She didn't even make sense. Sorry that is happening to you today, be flattered, lol. Someone obviously cares enough about you to follow you around in answers and downvote u! Lol. Whoever it is needs to find a new hobby.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I don't think I have ever voted anyone down. Personally I think it is childish to down vote someone just because you don't like them. I would rather argue with them. It's more fun.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2011