Deciding on birth control adult content

Tomorrow I go to the doc to discuss my periods and be prescribed birth control again. I have protien C deficiency which doesn't allow me many choices because it causes blood clotting. I've done the Nuva Ring, mini pills and Depo Provera was the worst of them all because I bled for 5 months straight. I think this hypoactive thyroid has my periods all screwed up now too. After I stopped the Depo, I stopped bleeding completely a month after the last shot I was supposed to get (I didnt get it) A month later I got my period, it lasted for 7 days but would stop for a day and come back and then I got another period 4 days later that lasted 5 days, got my next one 31 days later and the one after that 28 days later so I've obviously been really irregular. This last one was so heavy that it scared me and I believe I've already ovulated and have been in pain for the past week and don't know when I will expect my next period. I was considering a tubal ligation procedure or something less harsh on my system. Just wondering what type of experiences you ladies have had with what types of birth control.

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Health

• That's ok. Thanks anyways guys.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• what about the IUD.. Merina (sp) i had that for about 2 years.. i never had any problems with it
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I've heard a lot of horror stories about the IUD though, but maybe I'm just paranoid
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Thats crazy i cant hang with mine thats a week long each month. I cant tell you if you should or not . I would personly not be on one and i'm not eather and never have been. I hardly ever get sick i dont need to take any medican. I just dont like taking any thing i dont really need to. I dont think its good to have to take birth control to help our periods or not to get pergant. I started my period when i was 9 yr old and have had really bad pain each time. When i was in school i would some times stay home get in bed with a heating pad some time throw up it was bad. When i was adult i would still have the same period. I had kids and after each one slowly each month my period seem to be getting less painful. Now my youngest is going to be 3 and this i'll be 33 and i still have my period every month for 7 days but recently i have notices i might be having one close to each in one month. I hate to think my body could be changing
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 2:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2011