Help, quick, dinner question....

If I am making chicken parmesan but using frozen (raw) breaded chicken breasts, should I cook the chicken first before adding cheese and sauce, and then add cheese and sauce and cook additionally, or cook with the cheese and sauce from the start? I'm thinking they will be kinda mushy if I do it that way....?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 8:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes. Cook first THEN add sauce and cheese. It will come out better that way but DONT overcook the chicken. Add sauce and cheese the last 10 or so minutes of cooking.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I agree with Vbruno....cook it first. Sounds good too. Wish I was at your house tonight.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• yes Yes. Cook first THEN add sauce and cheese. It will come out better that way but DONT overcook the chicken. Add sauce and cheese the last 10 or so minutes of cooking. or use a litte of sause with water to cook the chicken like tv cooking programs. check a you tube video
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• popcorn

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:23 AM on Mar. 21, 2011