what happened last night....

i had this terrible headache, and for some reason i ended vomit in the bathroom, my husband didnt care at all and keep playing xbox... when we went to bed, i told him that i felt sick and was really upset why didnt even asked if i was ok.. then he said... why you always want to argue??.. and then he pulled my hair really hard and left and he went to sleep in the living room... when we argue in other ocassions he ended calling me stupid or pushing me away but this was the first time he fisically hurts me.. what should I do?.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• LEAVE HIM !!! THAT IS RIDICULOUS NO ONE DESERVES TO BE TREATED THIS WAY...I FEEL SO SORRY FOR WOMEN THAT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS!!! I DID IT FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS...HE ALWAYS SAID FAT BITCH GET OUT OF MY HOUSE...SO I SAID OK ASSHOLE LAST TIME YOU SAY THAT TO ME...I TOOK 3 KIDS AND LEFT STAYED IN HOTEL UNTIL I COULD FIND APPARTMENT...NEVER WENT BACK...WHEN I LEFT I FELT A SIGH OF RELIEF LIKE I COULD FINALLY BREATH DID NOT HAVE TO BE AFRAID AND HURT ANY MORE...GOOD LUCK REMEMBER NO MATTER YOUR SITUATION YOU CAN MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN AND YOU DO NOT DESERVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I say leave me! No woman deserves to be abused physically or verbally! If he does it once he'll do it again!! Stand your ground!
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 2:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Physically touching you in ways that are meant to hurt you, or cause you pain; is NOT okay behavior. This should stop immediately.

Putting that aside, is there any truth in what he is saying to you? (Why do you always want to argue?) Do you always argue everything and anything? If you are, I would say "Pick your battles"..... Save the argument for something that is worth the fight (physically hurting you). Women put a lot of emotion behind everything that we say and do. For us we want to we pampered and swept off our feet. But it isn't like that for men, and they aren't made that way. He isn't ever going to be in-tune to your every single need, wants or feelings.

"Men marry in the hopes you'll never change; Women marry in the hopes of being able to change them"... Remember this, you are either going to have to except all of him, or nothing at all. You don't get just bits and pieces.

sweetpea04

Answer by sweetpea04 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Run like hell!
    Anonymous

• I certainly would find a time he's not distracted by xbox (heaven forbid if they are disturbed then!)or tired/upset to talk with him and tell him how you felt when he did these things to you. I would see how he responded. Some men stop when they are made to realize they went too far. If he responds negatively I'd call 1-800-799-7233 or www.ndvh.org -Domestic Violence Hotline (Nat'l) or a local shelter and ask how they can help if you decide to leave. It's not always easy to just walk out. They can teach you how to plan or get counseling. I have a group for women in abusive relationships if you need moral support or just PM me. Hugs

Answer by admckenzie at 3:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• If this is just one of the first times he's hurt you, it will get worse. Leave him now. I'm so sorry this happened you did not do a thing to make him do it, and don't believe that when he tries to tell you that one. You are valuable and worthy of finding love. Love should not physically hurt you.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Is your husband a 5 year old, playing video games, pulling your hair, incapable of holding a converstion, leave that boy what does he have to offer you, nothing! there are wonderful great guys out there that arent immature jerks just take th first step and leave him and dont look back.
    Anonymous