Angry!

Im going for a c-section in Dec.

I asked my mom along time ago wayy in the pregnancy to keep an eye on our two year old for a couple of hours during the day im in the hossie so she wouldnt be caged in *we dont like it there* so why would a 2 year old, i would have kept her during the night and some during the day but i just didnt want her to be there all day without fresh air, well. she tells me ...i dont think she can be gone from you continued!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Ummm Hosptial for short Lovin..
    And i know their my kids slinkee...not everyones mom is like yours and just feels obligated!

she already said yes...
    my MIL lives in fl
    Anonymous

• more than a couple of hours i cant do it, ???????? i dont understand what she means its not like she is watching her all night and all day she then said..why dont hubby stay home with her, and you stay there at the hossie by yourself...well ...i could but i dont like being alone and in pain, i want my family there with me just get the 2 year old a little fresh air, so a couple of hours of watching her = no one up there at all???

am i wrong for being angry she said i was stupid and hung up in my ear!
    Anonymous

• Ask someone else to take care of her and try to forget about your Mom letting you down. It sounds like she doesn't understand your situation at all. I think some people forget what it's like to have a baby!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I think that with mom (you) going through so much at one time and being in the hospital, plus the new baby coming, that your 2 year old needs some special time with someone by herself. Yes I would be upset with my mother if she said not (specially since she said yes already) but is there anyone else? You husband's mother? Or any siblings? Its just for a few hours during the day, and really she will need it so that she doesn't feel so left out.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I can understand being hurt, maybe not so much angry. I lean on my mother a lot, but she doesn't really mind. I'm preggo with my 3rd now and I guess I just assumed she would watch my boys while I was in the hospital. She actually demanded to keep my oldest when I had my second and even insisted on keeping him the first night or two we were home. But, she doesn't deal well with my 18 month old and she told me she thought it would better if she just watched them during the day for a bit and let my husband take care of them the rest of the day and night, leaving me also alone in the hospital. I don't like the idea, but they aren't her kids so it's really not place to be mad at her.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 2:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Whats hossie?
    Are you on bed rest? If you have something holding you back from taking her yourself and your mom volunteered or agreed to do it she should do it. All kids need fresh air at some point during the day even if it is only to kick the ball aorund int he backyard for half an hour. I hate the word stupid and I dont think any human should ever be called it (or dumb, etc...) so I would be pissed she said it even if she didnt mean it the way I heard it or the way I took it.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:39 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Ahhh the hospital lol. Yes she should be taking her out. I would be upset too!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2008