Husband will disown his mother then divorce me, Why?

I've known my DH. for many years. We were engaged for some time and married over 2 1/2 years. His mother causes us so much trouble. She's divorced twice. And has a boy friend. She's 75. She'll break up with that boyfriend just to have her kids alone for Christmas. Make said boyfriend crawl back to her and then buy her things to make up.. Anyway.. She has been causing us problems. She always has. But she makes up things and plays childish games! I try my best to let her be and get away with it. But the last time. I had my DH's permission to call her on it. Now she's causing so much issues. My DH says he'll divorce me and disown her! We've got through our own marriage issues. But she is the root of all. What can we do? Is this hopeless? He's divorced and has older kids. One in high school another in college. Why would he just throw it in and not fight for our marriage? Is there any hope? Any ideas? Anyone go through this? Why I make her son very happy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• just deal with her..shes not gonna live that much longer anyways
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• your dh probably cant handle the drama
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i say, stand up to her. ask if she wants her son to be happy? if she does, then why cause him so much pain and make him suffer alone. she can do what ever she wants to her boy toys, but she should but out of your family and be a good gma! lol GL
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• For years I took and took my MIL's crap. I was never good enough for her son,and she never missed a chance to let me and my mom know that! I finally got enough of her, and she and I had it out one night while she was visiting us,and DH was at work. After that, she barely spoke to me,which was fine, compared to what it had been. She's dead now, and I can honestly say, I don't miss the way she treated me. Sorry you are dealing with such a nutcase, but as someone else said, stand up to her,and let the chips fall where they may. If you DH isn't man enough to back you up, then he's not worth your hearthache and misery. He and his mom deserve each other!
    Anonymous

• She isn't going to live much longer. By fighting with her you will only hurt your hubby. This is his MOM, so he loves her (even if she's crazy). I would say to try to stay calm around her. See if you can just agree to disagree. Who she dates and breaks up with is her buisness, and not something you should worry about or be involved in.
    brenatens

Answer by brenatens at 9:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• bump

AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I would just suck it up and deal with it. You have to remember that she gave birth to and raised the man you love! That has to count for something!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:00 AM on Mar. 21, 2011