Shaping and Toning

Has anyone used those shaping and toning sneakers before? Sketcher's and New Balance makes them? Do they actually work if you've used them before?

amotherof1

Asked by amotherof1 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• The American Medical association says even if you wear them 18 hours a day they do NOT tone like they claim. It's just a gimmick to get gullible people to buy overpriced shoes.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Just like vbruno said, I've read a couple studies and they both said that the toning shoes don't work like they claim they do. The possible benefit from them is that it encourages people to get out and walk more -- but any good walking/jogging shoe should do the trick :)
    AndiAK

Answer by AndiAK at 9:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Don't have them
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I'm going to have to say vbruno said it right! I've always said that too! LOL!!! Also, there are a ton of them on clearance racks right now too, especially at TJ Maxx...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• nope
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Don't have them and this is why - I can roll my feet for free. Yep, at the low low price of free, I can roll my own feet and use that $100+ for something else. Being in marching band all those years finally pays off, since that is how we walked.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i was in marching band too...it's not about rolling your feet it's like constantly walking on sand. anyway, i've had other people say they work tremendously. thanks for your input.
    amotherof1

Comment by amotherof1 (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Never used them.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:31 AM on Mar. 27, 2011