Would you donate breastmilk to a mama in need?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I do donate. :-)
    I sent over 1,000 ounce to National Milk Bank. Recently I have gotten connected with actual families that need milk. I have sent 215 ounces to them. I did not know that most milk banks charge for the milk. Had I known I would have looked for families in need. There is a group on here for donors and families in need. Sharemilk- http://www.cafemom.com/group/sharemilk2
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 3:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If I could produce enough milk to feed my own, heh, then yes!

There was a woman who ran a daycare next door to me when I was a kid. She had 13 kids herself, and they were all within 1 1/2 years of eachother. Her milk never ran out!! I remember that she would breastfeed babies that weren't hers...I don't know if she got paid or not, but my sister was a preemie, and my mom took her over to this lady so that she could get some good nutrients and stuff, along with her formula.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I would donate, yes. But I don't think I would actually nurse a child that wasn't mine unless I already felt a strong bond - family or friend's baby - already.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I cant get past the wierdness of all that. I would have to say a big NO on that one.

Anonymous

• Absolutely. I don't think I'd nurse a child that was'nt mine but I would happily give to a milk bank.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• OP here- I mean DONATE milk, not wet nurse :)
    Anonymous