Who other than me needs to revive date night with hubby?

Having a two year old along with work, ministry and business has sapped up so much of my quality time with my hubby! Just wanting some answers on how to balance and prioritize time with the boo...

MrsJStearns

Asked by MrsJStearns at 9:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I feel you! We have a two year old, I work/go to school, and SO is a beyond full time teacher. So it's real tough because whenever we have "free time", we're often real tired-- plus being on a low budget makes date night tough sometimes. Anyway, we started having "at home date nights"...we'll put dd to bed, maybe even a little earlier- then cook dinner together and watch a movie- or maybe play scrabble (dorks, i know lol)...it's fun to try new things.

I will say though, my parents raised six kids and have been married for 30yrs, and whenever they're asked how they make it, they always say DATE NIGHT!! (which they've had religiously once a week since i can remember)...so it's def important :)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• It's hard. You need to start with one set day every two weeks to do something; whether it's a movie or dinner at a new resteraunt. Always; always ALWAYS make sure you never cancel date night; cause you do it nce? And it "allows" room for it to be pushed aside.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• We do too. Our last date night was our anniversary. It was Feb 13th. We might get a chance this weekend grandma and grandpa are taking Adrian for the weekend. Both of us might have to work but we will work around it.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• lexi that isn't dorkish heck we used to play monopoly often and eat mcdonalds for date night.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Each one with their DH....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2011