Allergy, Eczema rash... Atopic Dermatitis

My son is 17 months old and the dr is thinking he's allergic to milk, still waiting for the skin prick to be done in another month, but the dr said that the milk would be out of his system in about 4 days his rash is getting better but I ws just wondering how long does it take for the rash to clear up? He wanted me to bring him back for a follow up but we are leaving town and there was no open appt.
He has eczema and has recently been diagnosed with Atopic Dermatitis... his has is on his face and around his eyes.. red dry skin
....just wondering if anyone has experianced this or know anything about it?
Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My boyfriends son has it. He is one he developed the rash around 2 months old and recently was diagonsed allergic to milk and several other things, unfortunately his skin is never clear, it flares up then gets a bit better but it loks pretty bad, they said he would more then likely grow out of it around the age of five, of course ever case is different. Hope this helps sorry its not happier, u can message me if you have any other specific questions. Good luck
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• thank you very much!! :) i want this allergy test to hurry up and I feel so bad for his eyes they're so red and dry and flaky. He had very mild eczema when he was a baby but about two weeks after we took him off the bottle and started whole milk he's just been getting worse and worse until the dr had me take him off milk but the rash still isn't gone and back to how he was before.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• hey hun...one of my doctors is an allergist and if you was my patient i would say thats kinda odd they wanted to do allergy pricks on a child younger than two years old normally they would do it thur blood work to get a more acquire reading and why does he have to wait until next month to do the test anyways because the only requirements for allergy pricks its to be off antihistamines for 3 days..then you do the test and get your results with 15 to 20 mins. if you like we have samples of soaps, lotions and other items if you like you can inbox me your address and i will mail you some samples for free and you can try them out,
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 10:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• personally, i would cut all dairy. try a sensitive formula...maybe soy.
    go to a health food store and try to find some calendula oil.
    do not bathe him very often, and don't use any soap unless there is poo mess : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• definatly cut all dairy.... and read all labels carefully... my dd was allergic to milk and i accidentally gave her butter-top bread one time and her eyes swelled shut!! also i would change to a soy or rice milk. and no soap if you can help it.... because it is on his face.. i would be pressing to see a specialist to prevent damage to his eyesight.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 5:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yes, All of the above. My son had hives at 4 month through breast milk. It is important to find out what they are allergic to and remove it from there diet. My son was off the charts allergic to milk. Also showed positive to peanut and soy. Know that when they have exzema their skin reacts to EVERYTHING. My son would rash up if I wore anything with wool in it. If he touched carpet. He did out grow 99% exzema by the time he was 2 ish. My advice don't do the steroid cream!!! That suppresses the immune system long term. I would use Aveno 1% hydrocortizone cream that was safe to use on face on bad patches after bath. Also would use AVENO oatmeal lotion a soon as I got him out of bath. Made his skin fell and look so much better!!! hope this helps! I love aveno because it absorbs and does not feel like greasy!
    jdct

Answer by jdct at 9:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• California baby products are amazing too!
    jdct

Answer by jdct at 9:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2011