Can birthcontrol all of a sudden start causing me to have severe headaches?

since friday i have had a horrible headache. One that makes me want to throw up constantly and bright lights and noises makes my headace worse. I have been on the same bc for a lil over 6 months now but have had some issues with not having a cycle on it. I go in april to get another paps done and plan to switch bc pills then but should I be concerned that this could be causing me such horrible headaches?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would call them now. If it has been messing with you already, it could be a side effect.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I just got BC about 2 weeks ago and I too have had a constant headache. Maybe it's just a side effect. But I have had the same headaches u have had but i get them every few months or so. Keep a headache log and what ur eating. I heard certain foods can trigger headaches.It could also be stress.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Birth control can cause migraines in certain people and it's common enough that it's mentioned in the papers that come with the pills.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 10:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Absolutely. Stop taking them, and get your blood pressure checked first thing in the morning

Answer by rkoloms at 10:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• It sounds like MIGRAINE headaches and yes,birth control can cause them. I had them too often when I was taking the Pill. Try something else....ask your Doctor. Migraines are awful--I sympathize.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes it can.I could never take them ,any kind,there is a certain ingrediant in them that causes me to have severe migraines.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011