Do you ever wonder...What kind of world you brought your children into?

I cant sleep because I keep thinking about this. With murders, rapes, abductions, etc, going on why did I want my kids to be here? I love them to death and wouldnt want to be without them but I'm terrified of what could happen to them. I worry about how they will turn out, or if they would do any of the above or be a victim of it. I scared to see them grow up because I dont want them to screw their lives up and struggle. How do you get over this, I literaly loose sleep over this and it stresses me out soo bad.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• My husband and I had a long chat about this before kids and it's part of why we stopped at 2. It will always be a worry and all you can do is raise them with as much love and common sense as possible...sometimes that will mean letting them spread their wings a bit. I know, terrifying.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• All the stuff you mentioned was always in this world...However, with TV, it's now widely broadcast and publicized.

I know what kind of world I brought her into but I also brought her into a loving home that will teach her how life should be like.

All I can do is prepare her for the world and hope that the world treats her well.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I know, it is hard world
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• There's not much we can do now but go forward and do the best we can I totally understand you mommy I think just like this. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I do, and I also agree with Butterfly1108.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I have thought about it myself. But I pray that God watches over his children (including mine) and that he comforts and guide their heart. That's how I stop thinking about it most of the time I just pray.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 10:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• You're right to worry about that. I think everyone does. I worry about my kids too, because they've already been exposed to more than I'd like. But it's my philosophy, generally speaking, that it's the bad stuff in life that makes the good stuff all the more precious. Knowing that, in the here and now my children are safe and happy, and remembering all the good that they've brought into the world is what keeps me sane. Good luck, and God bless.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I don't worry about it the world isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Turn off the television and go play outside more with your kids. You don't want them to have your fears and worries. More kids die from the flu, accidents around the house and from car accidents than they do from the stuff you mention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• This kind of angers me! I want everyone to hear this.... There is the same amount of crime and heartache there always was, just NOW we have way more media coverage! I believe that my kids are God's childrean, and as long as I do my job, He will do his!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I cant just leave my kids well being to something that nobody knows for real is true. I know there is the same amount of crime as there ever was and I didnt say "I'm scared for my children because they are growing up in this era". Its just a general concern a parent has for their children, and I guess some worry more than others.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011