Would you send out a Bday card to make a stranger's day?

My MIL is divorced and lives in a small one bed room apartment with her 80 year old father. She doesn't have very much money at all, and is very lonley. She recently went to the library and posted this on facebook:

Sunday, March 27 at 11:30pm
PLEASE SHARE MY BIRTHDAY WISH WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND ASK THEM TO SHARE IT WITH ALL THEIR FRIENDS. Never done... this before so I am excited to see how it will work...... I am sending out invites to let people know I will be 43 years old next Sunday, March 27. I am wanting to see how many loving and caring people will be so kind to send me a Birthday card. I will be sure to copy and post all of them on my facebook page as I receive them. If a wish can really come true then there are a few things I would like to get for my birthday. One is a treadmill by "Nordic Track" so I can work on losing weight to help boost my self-esteem and energy level so I will be able to keep up with my 2 year old grandson. And I would love to have an Ipad2 because people tell me they are great. I would love to be able to see how great they are for myself. And if a wish could really really really really come thue then there is one more thing that I would love to have and it is a beautiful candy apple red 2011 MX-5 Miata. I have a copy of the car listed as my profile picture. It's truly the coolest car ever. But if anyone wants to make a donation, it would be greatly appreciated and the donations would go toward me a Nordic Track Treadmill. My mailing address is P.O. Box 2366 Hazard, Ky. I also love beautiful silk flowers to put throughout my little one bedroom apartment. Thanks and I hope everyone has a great and safe week. Debbie Eversole

So maybe to make her day some of you ladies would send her a card and make her feel special?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• So she is so lonely, if I'm there & have a means surely I would celebrate her b'day. Hey she would feel so special if you & your DH go there, celebrate her b'day & make her feel special.
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Uh, that's a laundry list of really nice things. Who doesn't want all that for their day. A card yes, but donating cash for the other stuff is not happening. Did I misunderstand?
    Anonymous

• I don't mean to be rude, but I don't have much money either and I'm, certainly not asking strangers for donations for expensive items. It just sounds tacky and crass to me.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Can she not get a job? I'm confused....
    Anonymous

• She is disabled, she is bi-polar and manic-depressive. I know she was asking for nice things, but I was just asking for cards for her. None of the lavish gifts, I certainly can't afford to get her any of those things, and I didn't expect anyone else to either, just a card. She is very unstable and the smallest things make her day. Please don't take this the wrong way, Just looking to get her a few cards...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2011