Okay, i am 34 weeks earlier on in my pregnancy around 22 weeks i was told that i only had a two vessel umbilical cord. every thing has been fine since then but i did turn down the option of having an amnio for many of medical reasons and not wanting to risk having a miscarriage, Now this is something that stays on my mind......Should i worry????

redmisses

Asked by redmisses at 10:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• why worry? will that help you have a healthy baby? i don't think so. just think positive. communicate with your doc about any concerns and do whatever they recommend. not much else can be done at this point. don't worry until you have something legitimate to worry about. don't worry about "what ifs". hang in there! i'm sure everything will be fine!
    michellelvs4

Answer by michellelvs4 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Did they find anything else with the baby? Heart defect or anything? I was told a 2 vessel cord by itself is usually nothing to worry about.
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• no nothing else is wrong, he is a lil small but other than that i havent been told that there was anything wrong.......i guess im just kind of anxious
    redmisses

Comment by redmisses (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Hey Redmisses-- I had a baby with a two vessel cord and I was worried about my baby, just like you. Everything was just fine. I had to have more ultrasounds but who wouldn't want to see their baby more, right? :D The rest of the pregnancy was perfectly normal and I delivered a healthy 8 lb. 13 oz little boy who is a energetic 5 year old today. Try not to worry yourself too much. You're almost there! :D
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No experience but wanted to say good luck
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• good luck
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thank you all
    redmisses

Comment by redmisses (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011