Have you ever had to call CPS on someone?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Unfortunately many times. I'm a psychotherapist and child behavior specialist. So sad for the child to live in such abuse. It's always amazing to me how many people look the other way because they don't want to get involved. Can save the life of a child!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Unfortunately, yes - althought it wasn't for the parents of the children, it was for the nanny. I worked as a tutor for a family from Taiwan. The parents worked away from home and would not acknowledge that the nanny was being abusive to their kids so finally I had to call CPS and the nanny got deported. Since then they have gotten a new live-in nanny and the kids are all much happier
    AndiAK

Answer by AndiAK at 11:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• N. I have never seen anything that was seroius enough.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes, back when my Husband was in the Army and deployed. I wasn't the only one who called on the fellow Army wife (her husband was also deployed), as her home/parenting/abuse were AWFUL and the children were in danger BIG time. It was so sad. She was a monster, I'll leave it at that.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No never But I think theres people in my area that needs it called on them but our CPS is bull here
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes I have, sadly. My next door neighbor's husband had deployed to iraq and she instantly threw a party with a bunch of men. She had a 2 month old (premie, so very tiny) and a 3 year old. The 3 year old came over to my house and asked if he could sleep on my bed because his mommy was being loud. So, I walked over and offered to watch him. Next thing I know she had left her little baby girl on my porch. She was running a fever, had a horrible diaper rash, baby hadn't been changed in hours and was full of diarhea, and she had just a diaper on, no clothes in december just a light blanket wrapped around her.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I was irrate! I changed her, fed her ( I had just had a baby and happened to have formula) got her dressed nice and warm, and called CPS. They were there so quick! The mother was having sex with some man in front of the whole party. They took the kids away.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Wow@ amber1330- good thing you called! What a story! I've called CPS on my neighbors before- they had no running water and were stealing water from the other neighbors spigots, they had no electricity, and their children ran wild in dirty clothes with no one to watch them. They would get up on the roof of the apartments and run around, and I caught the youngest, who was 4 at the time, drinking an old beer that her dad had left outside. We live right above a road, and the kids were riding a piece of plastic like a sled down the hill into the road! I talked to them several times, but they just didn't care.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:17 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• dang yeah I had too. Not a fun ting to do cause you feel guilty but hey.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 11:01 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Many times.... dirty people, neglctful, mean, violent, drugs...etc. I cant know that something happened b/c I didnt do anything!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2011