Am I wrong?

For not letting my children,me and hubby around a drug user? I have been told that I am to harsh because I set limits and won't allow my family to be hurt or stolen from again. I have seen a comment on a myspace saying that I changed and I am a B! For what? Because I don't want that kind of thing in my life or my family? Because I will longer enable this person? Becasue I am a grown ass woman with a family now and has moved beyond high school petty BS? WTF? WTF else am I suppose to do?

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• Okay that I totally understand. Sometimes its just easier to cut people out of your life in order to avoid watching them spiral even further. You can only try to help so much, if they aren't open to allowing you to help them there isn't anything you can do.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You are not wrong! Let people call names, whatever. It's just smart and responsible to not let your family around a drug user.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• LOL yes, you're selfish for caring about your family too much to let them in harms way. GOSH some people are......... GRRR LOL Brush it off! You know you're right so SCREW THEM ALL!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• What your supposed to do is continue your adult behavior. MySpace is more drama than CafeMom. Why even let it get to you. You know you're right.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• What type of drug user is this person? You really aren't giving us too much to go on. Someone who's addicted to cocaine is going to behave much differently than a infrequent pot user. Obviously not allowing them around your family while under the influence is a definite thing, but I have no problems with people who smoke pot being around me when they're not high.

And no, I don't smoke pot.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Ya know, I don't know why it bothers even though the drug user is my brother. He is a Crack/Meth user. Not an easy thing to go through for 18 years. It truly has torn our family and friends in half.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• he's just behaving like an addict... turn it around and make everything someone else's fault. he's just pissed ur not playing the enabling game anymore. good for you!!!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Your family's well-being has to come first. Sometimes others may give you a hard time about it, but you do what you know is right. You are doing well!

Answer by Bmat at 3:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Listen to me and listen good; DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS AROUND THAT CRAP!!!! I had a neighbor who was into stuff and her daughter and my son would play all the time but only at my house. This is a situation that is horrible for kids to witness; I have a brother who had a hard time with drugs and his kids are so screwed up in the head now because of it. Drug abuse is deadly to everyone involved; whether you are taking the drugs or not. Keep the kids and yourself away from this situation; it does nothing but bring harm. I wish you so much luck with this.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2008