If i give birth with a yeast infection will it affect my baby?

i'm supposed to start the medicine tonight, but i just had a contraction that didn't feel very practice maybe 30-45 minutes ago.
if you experienced this, was there any effect on your baby?

also, how far apart are beginning contractions usually (so i know if it's practice or not)?

ilovemymonsterr

Asked by ilovemymonsterr at 11:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if you have a yeast infection when you deliver you can pass it to the baby..is it harmful..not really...its not the best but it happens...i used to work in labor and delivery, i've seen and heard alot worse. They will put the antibiotic ointment on the babies eyes like normal and then determine if the baby even got it. They clean them up so soon after birth that the likelihood of baby getting it is very low, but yes it is possible. As to contractions, its different for everyone. you can get them for days perfectly spaced and NOT be in labor....TRUST ME I went through that myself...it was heartbreaking....the only way to know if they are REAL or not is if the frequency increases and they intensify. But it won't be they are painful and long then not so bad then bad then not so bad...they won't roller coaster if they are real. And you will begin to dilate and efface. THATS when you know its true labor, when you start diating
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:39 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• She is right HTMommy. U can pass it to the baby. But, no worries it is treatable.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'd let the Dr know
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i saw her a few days ago because i thought i was leaking. the reason it's taken me so long to start the treatment is because the one she described is hard to find for whatever reason. and then last night i was so tired i forgot.
    if i call them now, they'll say to wait and see if my contractions become any more frequent and call back then
    ilovemymonsterr

Comment by ilovemymonsterr (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• indeed. i never had any more contractions that night. i had some last night very close together, but not too intense. and they stopped when i got up
    ilovemymonsterr

Comment by ilovemymonsterr (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• you've gotten some great answers above...
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011