• In the Spotlight:

Where can I find a good, cheap and church preschool program?

I have a 2 1/2 and 4 year old (just turned on Sept. 17) and I'm looking for a good and cheap preshcool prgram in a church that I can be able to take them to. Preferably Mon-Friday and all day.

Yvonne0814

Asked by Yvonne0814 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Look online to see what is available in your area or call local churches to see what they offer. There is a church down the road from our house that only charges 60$ for a kid... NOT BAD at all!! GL
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I pay practically nothing for daycare from 7am to 4pm for my girls. I guess it depends on where you live but I pay $135 a week for all day school and before and after care for 2 kids. Just start calling all the churches in your area, keep a list and compare what you get for each one for the price. I pay next to nothing in tuition but have to provide lunch plus two snacks and our "supply" list fo rthe girls included things like tissues and handsanitizer for the school.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Preschools generally aren't very cheap. In my city, they offer preschool for free to everyone in the public school system.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Some of the headstart programs are free all over the country but MOST of them have a cut off age. My daughter had to be 3 before they would let her into headstart. Would be great for your 4 year old but would still leave you to find daycare for the youngest. Personally I want them at the same place in case of emergency or anything.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• There is no such thing as a good, cheap church preschool! Church and cheap mean not so good in terms of quality care for your baby. I am sorry to say that, but most church preschools don't follow standards of other preschools and your kids are always sicker, bringing home some funky something, etc. Don't trust a preschool just because they are a church. Most of them will have members of the church working and aren't licensed or qualified to be taking care of your child outside the regular 2 hour sunday service, if you know what I mean. You want quality care for your baby, you have to pay for it. That's why there's so many SAHM's.
    Anonymous

• Check out ur local Head Start program. Its free...
    deafrose

Answer by deafrose at 8:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2008