Postponed the wedding..

Until Next year so in your opinions would it be down right awful for us to still TTC? We already have a daughter who will be 2 next month :) But we postponed the wedding because my family is starting Drama :( but We are still planning on getting married next year Not to mention we have been together 4.5 years already and Marriage to us is just a piece of paper and a change of my last name. But we don't want to wait to start trying for another baby..(we'd start trying in April/May) We are ready for another baby & want one but Im just worried about what people will think (especially his family who is Marriage before family type people)

JordonMichelle

Asked by JordonMichelle at 11:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Dont worry what others think listen to what your heart is telling you, and what you and your DH want. It's not about others it's about you and him and the family you want to add to.
    lil_shannie

Answer by lil_shannie at 11:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• What is one more? You already have one together and probably live together. I reaaly don't see where it matters now.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I am also putting my wedding off for a little while. We feel the same way about marriage as you do. We are still trying for a baby( have been for 8 mo and no luck so far) my family is marriage before baby but thats just what they say because alot of my family has kids before marriage. If that is what you guys want to do dont let someone else decide your family for you.
    Hope2BMommy19

Answer by Hope2BMommy19 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i would hold off on having the other baby. i don't understand why u all are postponing the wedding because your family is starting drama?? i don't have details but you are marrying him and him you...so i don't see where your family comes in. i would not want to have 2 kids by a man that i am not married to.. does not matter if we have been together 10 yrs..i would still be just his baby mama. no thanks.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• So who's last name does your daughter have? If you are willing to postpone the wedding because of family drama what else will you postpone it for? If it is just a piece of paper why bother at all?
    How will you explain to your daughter when she asks why you or daddy have different last names than she does?
    Other than those reasons I can't see any reason why not to start trying for more children in the end it is up to you and your finacee (assuming that you are engaged...since you plan on getting married).
    michcous

Answer by michcous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• @michcous-My daughter has her dad's last name. And right now we just feel its best to wait until next year there are many other reasons other then the family drama. And we will eventually get married Regardless of what we think about the just a piece of paper and whatnot I would still love to actually get married to him What I ment by that is Being married is not the most important thing in our lives were together and we love eachother And thats all we need as of right now and in our eyes we are already married Just without the marriage license. And my daughter is only 2 She will be 3 by the time we get married and im pretty positive its not really gonna matter to her because she knows Mommy & Daddy both love her and just because her and daddy have the same last names and mommy doesn't yet doesn't mean She isn't loved or that mommy and daddy don't love eachother.. And if she does ask about it I will just tell her the truth.
    JordonMichelle

Comment by JordonMichelle (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011