sinks?

how do you unclog a sink? theres something wrong with my kitchen sink the water is going dow really slow and if u have the water running the sink fills up with water and takes forever to drain. could it be clogged? what can i do to fix it? please help i need to know soon thank you.

Georgia_Momma22

Asked by Georgia_Momma22 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Home & Garden

• buy some drain x or something otherwise try a plummer im also a big fan of the plunger
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 2:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• you can use a plunger in the sink?
    Georgia_Momma22

Answer by Georgia_Momma22 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Maybe the trap is clogged! You can just unscrew it and clean it out or have Dh/So do it! just put a bucked or towel under it because it was messy. We just cleaned ours a couple of weeks ago and it solved the problem!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 3:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• thanks rhonda ill have my hubby do that for me
    Georgia_Momma22

Answer by Georgia_Momma22 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Your Welcome Momma! I hope it solves the problem!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 4:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• A plunger will work. If it is a double sink you have to have a 2nd plunger to cover the 2nd drain. My landlord did it once when I lived in my tiny apartment.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:39 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• i was a dork once and thought that the sink was clogged when in fact that there was just a really small plug in there... but i used a plunger to get the water to go down... silly me but u gotta plug the other side if u have one so u get a good plunging
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Try the plunger! I felt so stupid last week. My kitchen sink clogged up. I thought it was the hamburger grease that I accidently poured in to the sink,clogging the drain. I was gonna take the pipes apart but it was too hard and i didnt have the right tools. I was gonna wait til my father came over. Well,my mother came over and I told her what happened. She was like.."Oh no...now what..."Well,she found a plunger under my bathroom cabiniet (I just moved into this new home) and used the plunger. Down went all the water!!!!!!!!
    deafrose

Answer by deafrose at 8:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• thanks everyone i got it unclogged, i used a plunger. i also used baking powder and vinegar and that helped. there was hug hair ball in the drain that came up. so strange i have no idea how that got down in the sink to clog it up. thanks everyone for ur help :)
    Georgia_Momma22

Answer by Georgia_Momma22 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2008