My 3 month old has been screaming at the top of her lungs at random like shes in pain. What could it be?

kaleysmomma2010

Asked by kaleysmomma2010 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is it when you put your baby down? it might because the baby wants attention and to be held i would definitely call and ask the pediatrician
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Is she pulling her legs up towards her stomach a lot? Colic?
    Anonymous

• is it a long drawn out cry or more of a big one time cry that happens several times a day? I was told that infants in pain tend to have the big one time cry......but I honestly don't know.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• my dd did this two months ago.. i ended up taking her to the ER and the doctor was a joke! (she had a minor diaper rash that was nearly gone.. the only reason he noticed it was because he seen the corn starch and Vaseline and ask it was to treat a rash)
    anyways they pretty much sent me home... later she got upset again, spit up a few times...by the morning she seemed fine.. but my three year old woke up with a fever and vomited a few times...
    stomach bug was going around..

i guess my answer is try to look for other symptoms... ER was just check vitals and send you home if there are no other symptoms... but keep am eye on her and calll her doc in the morning if no change
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Thats the hardest thing with babys. They can't tell you whats wrong, so all you can do is try to figure it out. Is he able to poop. That could sometimes be the problem. Colic is also a known couse of why some babys cry all the time, but that is a constant cry. Sometimes even for hours. I hope your baby feels better soon.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I think we figured out the problem! We gave her some infant Tums I guess you call it and she let out some gas and burped her a couple times then she fell right to sleep! Thank you all so much for your help!
    kaleysmomma2010

Comment by kaleysmomma2010 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• more info? has this been going on since birth? Does it happen after she feeds? Is she ff or ebf? Do you notice any pattern with her crying?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:08 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It was just today. What is ff and ebf?
    kaleysmomma2010

Comment by kaleysmomma2010 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• ff=formula fed; ebf=exclusively breast fed
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:25 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• glad she is better :)
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2011