How Close Are Kids And Their Cosuins ?

I have two boys 6 and 4 they are very close with their cousin Terrell who is 6 my sister son their 1 year old cousin Jasmine Terrell little sister they like to chase around and share their food with her.

They are pretty close with their other cousins Marce and Marce they are both 9 (their frather named them with the same name) They are both girls and they get along pretty well . They are my brother-in-laws daugthers me and him do not always see eye to eye to be honest hopefully in time that will change.

Those are the four cousins they are the closet to the others live a while away from us.

Mom2lovingboys

Asked by Mom2lovingboys at 11:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• as only children, my cousin was always like a big brother to me. and my daughter seems to be almost just as close with her cousins
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 11:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I was never close to my cousins, growing up, but I felt a real kinship with them - a sort of connection - and really enjoyed the rare visits we did have with them. I think it's great if kids have the opportunity to grow up with their cousins in their lives. My kids never could, as my brother's kids are much older and my sisters kids have always lived pretty far away. They are getting to know one of their cousins, thanks to FaceBook and have had a few visits with her now! :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My kids dont have cousins yet. Sibs are way to young. However I have always been close to my cousins that are close to my age. My one cousin had a baby 2 months before I had my youngest but they have never met.
    mrssmitley1210

Answer by mrssmitley1210 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My husband's neices and nephews are all quite a bit older than my kids. He is 14 years older than me and the baby of his family, his older neices and nephews are almost as old as me, and the youngest one is in highschool, plus they live on the other side of the country, so my kids are not close to those cousins at all. I had my first nephew born this October and I babysit for him during the day twice a week. So I assume my kids will grow up having a close relationship with him and any future siblings of his as long as my brother and his wife don't end up moving away.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• While my DD only has one true cousin, she and him are not close. He doesnt live close enough for visits, and there are family problems that have not had the time to heal and pass, unfortunately. So for the time being, she doesnt really know him at all. But she is very close to my best friends DD, they are like sisters. And she has many little friends she sees regularly.
    And i was never very close to my cousins growing up, we all lived very different lifestyles, and even at family gatherings, it was hard to relate. But some of my cousins moved closer to me, and I am now closer to them.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:02 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My kids have 15 cousins - they are very close to the 8 of them that live near us.

Answer by missanc at 8:10 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• sweetie< I was close with my 2nd nd 3rd cousins! Still am!And my kids are too, that makes 4th and 5th cousins! We are a close family even tho we live far apat!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My kids didn't have cousins. Always wished that they did. Such a small family!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011