How often should i sit my dd on the potty?

My dd is starting to learn how to use the potty. How often should I sit her on it? This is my first time potty training.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I used to sit my daughter on it every time I went and then usually just about once an hour or every two hours. I started very casually in the beginning. She was ready initially around easter time so the Easter Bunny brought her a "Pretty Potty" that I put glittery stickers on - Easter bunny put grass in the potty with a few toys. She was VERY excited to use her pretty potty!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Every time she asks to go.

Don't start potty-training until she can communicate when she needs to "go". If you're just introducing the idea of using it, you can do it when she wakes up and again before her bath, but don't stress by doing it all day long. She's not really learning or becoming potty trained unless she is the one deciding it's time to go. If she doesn't yet have that awareness and control, just wait a few months. She'll get there!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:18 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ok thank you :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• How old is she? My 19 months DD started to tell me that she has pee pees a two weeks ago, and she did pee pees in her potty almost every time since then. Just talk to her and ask her every time you think she may do something, or if she did it, just take the dirty dipper and put it on the potty and tell her that this is the good and comfortable place for her, even you can seat and pretend that this is the right place for her when she does #1 and #2, should be like a game for two of you, kind of, and she will love to copy you! I can guarantee 2 weeks of time she to catch up. Let me know! Enjoy, it is fun! :)
    cageybaby

Answer by cageybaby at 12:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• At least once an hour. Google "toilet training readiness" and make sure she is ready. Remember she is learning a new skill to control her body and it takes time, patience, and caring.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:22 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• She's 2 yrs old and her words are there
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• At least once an hour!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011