Is it just me or.....

does it seem like your family likes to imply that you are dumb. I'm always telling them that "I'm not as stupid as you think I am." My 17 yr old son especially.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:27 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• It's funny how us moms get smarter as our kids get older.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 7:20 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Hmm, fortunately my son doesn't think I'm dumb--yet. He's only 18 months :). Isn't it a teenagers job to think his parents are dumb?

Good luck! Just remember how smart you were when you were 17 and maybe it will help you feel better knowing how "dumb" your son will be when he's a dad. :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Nope, my children are all aware that I am intelligent, including my 18 year old son.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Kids think we are smart sometimes and dumb at other times. He'll know you are smart in a few years. The teen years are when they have all the answers and eventually they learn they do not! Hang in there!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:20 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• MY FAMILY IS THE SAME WAY AND I JUST TELL THEM YOU KNOW WHAT IM THE MOM ILL RAISE MY KIDS MY WAY. MY KIDS ARE THE SAME WAY TOO I JUST PROVE THEM WRONG.
    chris1975

Answer by chris1975 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2011