Contractions :(

I am having horrible awful painful contractions, they hurt really bad in my lower back and when they happen my chest will tighten and I will get short of breath and dizzy and hot and naseaus. I have tried talking to the Dr. and they won't listen. I am miserable. They gave me meds to slow them but they just make me really tired and more dizzy and make me feel worse, they don't even work. Anything I can do to help ease them? I tried taking a hot bath, SO has been giving me back rubs and so far no relief :( I am only 33 wks preg I don't think I can deal with them for 6 more weeks. The doctors say to deal with them since I'm not dialating but how do I know i I start dialating?

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It sounds to me like YOU NEED TO DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!!!

You aren't suffering preeclampsia symptoms--preeclampsia would mean high blood pressure. In fact, your low blood pressure and other symptoms sound like dehydration, which can cause early labor (actually a common cause of premature birth.)

Please go drink lots of water! If you get hydrated and still are having more than 6 contractions an hour, go back to ER again. It doesn't matter how much it hurts, what's going to matter most to them is if you're dilating, and if you're having a certain number of contractions.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:06 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• if you are feeling this poorly , honestly I think you should go to the ER.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 12:38 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have been to the ER three times and they won't do anything. I just keep feeling worse. I have medicaid and I think that's why no one will help me. My blood pressure has been 89/39 and they are completely ignoring it. I looked up my symptoms and I have a lot of preclampsia symptoms but they won't do anything to make sure my baby is ok except listen to his heartbeat :(
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 12:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'm also 33 weeks pregnant so we must be due around the same time. :)

I'd just keep talking to them. Especially about the blood pressure stuff. I'm not sure what is normal but that does seem low to me!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i would look into finding a diff doctor.....its a tough road....try to relax as much as you can, (i know easier said than done) put a heating pad on your back.....are you swelling up and it not going down? if you really truly feel like you aren't being heard threaten them. its a bitch maneuver but it will wake them up..(with possible negative side effects)...also try going to a different hospital if you can....there is NO reason EVER that you cannot change doctors at anytime......always remember that
    just trying to think of options
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I tried switching doctors but all the ones that accept medicaid said they won't let me transfer this late. And the third time I went to the ER I went to another hopsital and they seemed like they were going to help at first but then didn't. I am desparate to find a solution, I can't take feeling this horrible anymore :( I go to the Doc in the morning and I am praying they will so somethig if not I am going to go off on them, I don't know what else to do!
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• That's what the docs keep saying Adelicious, they keep saying I am dehydrated but they had me on IV fluids for 48 hours and I was still having contractions. I have drank water until I have had to literally go pee every two min. I have drank water until it is coming up in my throat I physically cannot force myself to drink anymore :(
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ok, well then it's definitely not dehydration.... So you're having more than 6 an hour and they're still ignoring you? Even after you told them how much water you're drinking?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yeah, I don't understand why they won't do an ultrasound or something because my first pregnancy wasn't full term. And thanks for telling me about the preclampsia because I don't know anything about it and that's the only things that matches most of my symptoms. I have been throwing up blood also and they still are just over looking it
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Definitely keep going back. Keep pressing for an answer. Different doctors. Throwing up blood?? Definitely something going on.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:06 AM on Mar. 21, 2011