Why is it so hard to "make friends" on here?

It's the only thing I have left to do on here according to the checklist, but no response so far. I guess I'm no better about it online than in reality :(

LovableFox

Asked by LovableFox at 12:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I agree, it is hard here and outside the computer. All my "real" friends live 3 hours away from me
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 5:12 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• hi welcome to cafemom. sometimes it takes a little bit of just jumping in to conversations and getting involved to get folks to warm up completely. try looking for some groups that appeal to your interests too. Honestly I am likely one of the most disliked members on this site, but I still have made some decent acquaintances here.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 12:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I will be your friend. :)
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Are you randomly sending out friend invites? Most people probably don't like that. Like PP said, get involved in some groups first and get to know people, then if people know you from groups they're more likely to accept your friend invite.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i dont think its that hard to make friends if u want look me up and i will be you friend i love making friend on here cause its easier for me
    motherofthre166

Answer by motherofthre166 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• welcome to cafemomMe too.

mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I agree...look into the groups...find one for your state and even possibly your county....you'd be surprised how many groups there are on here and I am sure you will be able to find at least one that meets your desires
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Welcome :) Sometimes it takes a while to make friends on here (just like in real life). I agree that groups are a GREAT place to start. There are groups for just about everything on here (religion, parenting, age specific, child(ren) age specific, hobbies, states, etc.). As for this section of CM, from my experience it takes a while for people to start recognizing your screen name and noticing your questions and answers and feeling like they can relate to you.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• yes i just joined awhile back but then again i have not been on much so that can also be why. But i have just started looking into groups, answering questions, posting and just trying to get more involved so just give it time dont give up.
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I am picky because of all the trolls.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:10 AM on Mar. 21, 2011