Getting my daughter to sleep in her room...

My 2 year old was sleeping in her room when we had her bed as a crib, we changed it to a toddler bed and now she wont sleep in there. I am a HUGE fan of super Nanny and I tried her Bedtime putting child to sleep, but my daughter cries sooo hard that she ends up puking all over her bedding and her clothes and then I have to change her and pretty much start the whole process over... I dont feel like a good mom letting her get so worked up that she pukes...

So needless to say she ends up sleeping in a pack n play in my room. Does anyone have any suggestions to get her in her room and do night time. I have tried sticker sheet, a prize in the morning if she sleeps there all night, all I get is Throw up. :(

tinkerbella922

Asked by tinkerbella922 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I made the same mistake as well, unfortunately for some of us sticker sheets and all that other stuff just doesn't work. I went through 3 months of HELL getting my daughter to sleep in her own room at 3 years old. The same thing you are describing and it went on for 3 freaking months - it did lessen over time but it was horrible. I would go in my room and cry I felt so awful. Hang in there Mama - ya just gotta get through it and stay firm even if it means you clean up puke or per her back in her own bed 20 times a night. a couple months from now it'll be over and YOU will be glad you did it.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Try sleeping in there with her at first. Then when she goes to sleep you can go to your own bed. Or you can let her cry for 5 to 10 mins, go sooth her and reassure her your still there and leave the room. Keep doing that until she falls asleep. I feel for you. I dealt with this for years! But the only thing I could do was have patience and be determined to keep her in her own room.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ooh... while I do believe in the necessity of sometimes letting my son cry, I'm with you, I could NOT do it until he threw up. Could you try setting up her toddler bed in your room for awhile and see if you can transition her to her room? If you sit with her in her room will she go to sleep? Maybe you could do a process of gradually distancing yourself.....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:54 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Tell her that there is a boogy man under the pack in play. JUST A JOKE!

GL :)
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:03 AM on Mar. 21, 2011